North Carolina Trucking Association
NATMI Certified Driver Trainer Program
Courses Held on September 12-13, 2022, Exam held on September 14, 2022
Want to become certified?
The course below is applicable toward NATMI’s nationally recognized, university accredited Certified Driver Trainer (CDT) program. Taking the course is the first step toward earning a credential that will help you become a more competent professional, earn industry recognition and credibility in court testimony. If you have the job experience, you can pay one lump sum that covers all fees for certification, and complete the process within a 60-day time frame – or less.
How to Become Certified:
All-inclusive tuition for Accelerated Certification School Program (includes both course fees, NATMI membership fee, certification kit and certification application fee):
Essential Instructional Skills course by itself is $480 for members/$580 for non-members
Instructional Skills Course Benefits:
1. Understand the four-step teaching/learning process.
2. Understand how adults learn so that you can provide the most effective training delivery.
3. Learn how to develop effective lesson plans.
4. Learn the characteristics of a good instructor and how to incorporate them into your own teaching.
5. Learn how to effectively prepare for a presentation.
6. Identify and develop the skills necessary to become a dynamic speaker and effective educator.
7. Teach your own lesson and receive a supportive and constructive evaluation of your presentation.
8. Learn to develop and conduct in-house training programs, as well as effective on-the-job training.
9. Integrate the skills developed in this course with your daily supervision responsibilities.
· The Instructional Process - Phases of the teaching-learning process.
· Principles of Learning - Effective training based upon motivation, participation, knowledge of results and
· How to Prepare Performance Objectives - Determining desired results for specific learning experiences.
· Teaching Assignments & Instructor Demonstration - Teaching topics for class presentation; instructor
demonstration of a teaching topic.
· Evaluation of Training Effectiveness - How to analyze performance.
· Lesson Plans - Components; development; importance.
· Instructional Techniques - Selecting and using instructional techniques and aids.
· The Role of the Trainer - Tools for efficient administration.
· Practice Teaching - Presenting your own lesson & critique.
· Organization of an Effective Training Program - Developing the company-training program; how to evaluate
Job Experience Required: