NATMI: 6/15/20 Certified Director & Supervisor of Safety
Monday, June 15, 2020 8:00 AM - Friday, June 19, 2020 5:00 PM (EDT)
NATMI Certified Director or Supervisor of Safety
June 15-19, 2020
CSS & CDS Certification
Location: NCTA Raleigh Date: Monday to Friday, June 15th-19th Time: 8am - 5pm
Day 1 & 2 (All Day):
Motor Fleet Safety Basics
Overview of NATMI certification for safety professionals
- DOT/OSHA Record keeping issues and requirements
- Reporting and documenting vehicle accidents
- Employee injury control and prevention
- Hiring the right people
- Driver retention
- Safety training
- Implementing safety in your company
Day 3 & 4 (All Day):
Managing Motor Fleet Safety Programs
How to become a Certified Director of Safety (CDS)
- Safety is good business – demonstrating the effect of safe operation on profitability.
- The quality management approach to safety programs: how to identify the root cause of company safety problems and establish systems for continuous improvement.
- Employee injury/illness management programs: focusing on critical safe behaviors to prevent or reduce injuries; managing injury costs through early return to work programs.
- Driver performance management: using quality tools to identify the root causes of Hours of Service violations and to analyze driver turnover.
- Accident analysis and litigation: root cause analysis of accident trends; a case study in accident litigation.
- Implementing safety: how to implement the concepts introduced in this course in your own company.
Day 5 (All Day):
Certification Test for CDS or CSS